- "'Finna Put the Groceries Up': Comparing Black and White Regional Variation" presented at New Ways of Analyzing Variation 45.
- Barlew, J. (2016). Anchored to what? An anaphoric approach to frames of reference. In Faytak, M., K. Neely, M. Goss, E. Donnelly, N. Baier, J. Heath, and J. Merrill, editors. The Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the Berkeley Linguistics Society (BLS). (pp. 334-348). Berkeley, CA.
- Barlew, J. (2016). Point of view and the semantics of spatial expressions in Mushunguli and English. Journal of Semantics. 33(2): 215-267. doi: 10.1093/jos/ffu018.
- Synder, E. and J. Barlew. (2016). The universal measurer. In Bade, N., P. Berezovskaya, and A. Schöller, editors. The Proceedings of Sinn und Bedeutung (SuB) 20. (pp 658-675). Tübingen, Germany.
- Barlew, J. (2016, September). Deictic motion verbs and de se self-ascription: Evidence from Bulu. Poster presented at Sinn und Bedeutung (SuB) 21. The University of Edinburgh. Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Barlew, J. (2016, May). Coming to an understanding of some projective contents. Poster presented at Semantics and Linguistic Theory (SALT) 26. The University of Texas. Austin, TX.
- Barlew, J., C. Roberts, and E. Snyder. (2016, January). Tools for the cross-linguistic analysis of perspectival expressions and the de se. Presentation at the special session ‘Perspectival expressions and the de se across languages’ at the Linguistic Society of America Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C.
- Yuhan Lin. “The Effect of Education on the Acquisition of a Lexical Split: The /ɻ/-/l/ Contrast in Xiamen Mandarin”. Poster presented at New Ways of Analyzing Variation 45. Vancouver, Canada.
- Yuhan Lin & Marjorie K.M. Chan. “Place-linked Linguistic Performance in Jay Chou’s Ballads”. Paper presented at International Association of Chinese Linguistics 24. Beijing, China.
- Yuhan Lin. “Ongoing Language Change in Xiamen Mandarin”. Paper presented at New Ways of Analyzing Variation Asia-Pacific 4. Chiayi, Taiwan.
- Yuhan Lin & Marjorie K.M. Chan. “Changing Places, Changing Voices: Jay Chou’s Singing Style in His Regular and Chinese-Style Ballads”. Paper presented at Chinese Oral and Performing Literature 2016. Seattle, WA.
Marten van Schijndel:
- Rajakrishnan Rajkumar, Marten van Schijndel, Michael White, and William Schuler. "Investigating Locality Effects and Surprisal in Written English Syntactic Choice Phenomena." Cognition, 155: 204-232. 2016.
- Alessandra Zarcone, Marten van Schijndel, Jorrig Vogels and Vera Demberg. "Salience and attention in surprisal-based accounts of language processing." Frontiers in Psychology, 7 (844). 2016.
- Marten van Schijndel and Kathleen C. Fraser. "Screening for Alzheimer's with psycholinguistics." In Proceedings of the CUNY Sentence Processing Conference. 2016.
- Marten van Schijndel and William Schuler. "Alpha power decreases during center embedding in natural stimuli." In Proceedings of the CUNY Sentence Processing Conference. 2016.
- Kathleen C. Fraser, Marten van Schijndel, Naida Graham, Elizabeth Rochon and Sandra Black. "Can measures of processing complexity predict progressive aphasia from speech?" In Proceedings of the CUNY Sentence Processing Conference. 2016.
- Cory Shain, Marten van Schijndel, Edward Gibson, and William Schuler. "Exploring memory and processing through a gold standard annotation of Dundee." In Proceedings of the CUNY Sentence Processing Conference. 2016.