“I had an amazing time! Interesting contect, fun activities, genuinely curious peers, and some great avocado toast!"
- Verify that you meet the eligibility requirements. If you have any questions about your eligibility please Contact Us.
Fill out the
• Do you have any international travel experience? If so, tell us about it.
• What other experience do you have with foreign language?
• Share one fact you have learned about language in general or about one language in particular you find interesting.
• Why are you interested in studying languages?
• Please describe one instance where you used information you learned from SLIYS I.
• Who were your SLIYS I instructors?
• What topics do you remember covering in SLIYS I?
• What topic(s) would you be most interested in learning about this year?
- For those applying to SLIYS I, have your teacher or school administrator fill out the online Teacher Recommendation Form.
Applications and Payment for SLIYS
All application materials (including the application form, and teacher/administrator recommendation form) must be received by June 1. Accepted applicants will be asked to send in a $25 deposit within two weeks after acceptance to reserve their spot. Failure to send a deposit may result in forfeiture of the student's spot in the program.
The deadline for full payment is June 15. Students accepted after or around June 1st should send in the full payment and forgo the deposit process.