- pg. 426: The Yale Grammatical Diversity Project has maps and discussion about various examples of syntactic variation in English.
- pg. 427: Pop vs. Soda map by county
- pg. 432, top: Video on the Northern Cities Vowel Shift: Bill Labov, excerpt from Do You Speak American?
- pg. 432, middle: Harvard Dialect Survey results
- pg. 446: Short write-up and video from 20/20 about John Baugh's work, and an article on linguistic profiling by Patricia Rice
- pg. 455, Activity #23: Harvard Dialect Survey map of merry, marry, and Mary
- pg. 455, Activity #24: British English Dialects at the BBC or British English Dialects at the British Library
- pg. 455, Activity #25: Where is the speaker from?
Are there any links for Chapter 10 that you would like to see added to this page? Email us at email@example.com.