"VSLIYS was super fun this year! Even though it was on Zoom, I still got to make a bunch of new friends."
-VSLIYS '20 Participant
Fill out the online application for Virtual SLIYS:
SLIYS 1 & Combined SLIYS 1 & 2 application or the SLIYS 2 application (for those who took SLIYS I in previous years).
Applications are due May15.
This form cannot be saved and finished later. A parent or legal guardian must also be present to fill out some parts of the form. Please have ready concise (a few sentences) responses to the following questions:
• Do you have any international travel experience? If so, tell us about it.
• What other experience do you have with foreign language?
• Share one fact you have learned about language in general or about one language in particular you find interesting.
• Why are you interested in studying languages?
• Please describe one instance where you used information you learned from SLIYS I.
• Who were your SLIYS I instructors?
• What topics do you remember covering in SLIYS I?
• What topic(s) would you be most interested in learning about this year?
For those applying to SLIYS I, have your teacher or school administrator fill out the online Teacher Recommendation Form. It is the student's responsibility to make sure the recommendation form is completed. We will not contact the instructor directly.
Applications and Payment for SLIYS
Tuition for each week of SLIYS is $495. All application materials (including the application form, and teacher/administrator recommendation form) must be received by June 1. Accepted applicants will be asked to send in a $25 deposit (subtracted from the $495 fees) within two weeks after acceptance to reserve their spot. Failure to send a deposit may result in forfeiture of the student's spot in the program.
The deadline for full payment ($25 + $470) is June 15. Students accepted after or around June 1st should send in the full payment and forgo the deposit process.