Items needed for complete application to the doctoral program
All items should arrive by December 1 for all applicants for admission in the following Autumn.
Submitted to the Admissions Office:
- The completed application form. (Be sure to check "PhD" and "financial aid" boxes.)
- An application fee
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Brief statement of purpose of your educational goals and objectives, around one to two pages
- A CV or resume of around two pages
- A sample of your work (see below for more details
- If applicable, official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report (IELTS and MELAB are also acceptable). If you are a non-native speaker but have a degree from an institution in an English-speaking country, then this requirement is waived.
Notes on the application
- Please do not send or self-report GRE scores; they will not be considered.
- Be aware that the requests for letters won't go out to your recommenders until you submit- submit your application early to make sure that your letters are submitted on time.
- We prefer candidates that meet one of the following standards of English proficiency: TOEFL: 600PBT, 100IBT, MELAB 86, IELTS 8.0