- pg. 388: Video showing McGurk effect: be sure to have your sound on and to watch the video while listening; then try listening to without looking at it, and then watching it with no sound.
- pg. 389: Examples of phoneme restoration, on Sinauer website for Language and Mind, by Julie Sedivy
- pg. 407, Activity #4: Dichotic Listening Experiment at UCLA. Unfortunately, the video on this website is in .mov format, which plays with Quicktime, the plugin for which is no longer supported by most browsers. If you have Quicktime on your computer, you can download the file and open it there, and it should work for you.
- Alternatively, there is a dichotic listening example on YouTube.
- pg. 414, Exercise #24: Discussion of dichotic listening experiment from Exercise #4.
Are there any links for Chapter 9 that you would like to see added to this page? Email us at email@example.com.