- 2020. Dossey, E., Clopper, C. G., & Wagner, L. The development of sociolinguistic competence across the lifespan: Three domains of regional dialect perception. Language Learning and Development, 16, 330-350.
- 2020. Handbook of Historical Linguistics Vol. 2, co-edited with Richard D. Janda and Barbara Vance. Oxford: Wiley.
- 2020. Linguistics meets Economics: Dealing with Semantic Variation (with Adam D. Clark-Joseph). In PLSA/Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America, 5.2 (Special Issue – Formal Approaches to Grammaticalization 2020), pp. 67-74 [http://journals.linguisticsociety.org/proceedings/index.php/PLSA/article/view/4794]
- 2020. Obituary: Emeritus Professor Eric Pratt Hamp (November 16, 1920 – February 17, 2019). Journal of Greek Linguistics 20.2
- 2020. Review of Georgia Katsouda (2019) The Dialect of Kythera. Description and Analysis. Journal of Greek Linguistics 20.2
- 2020. What is Time (and why should linguists care about it)? Language 96.
- forthcoming. Köhnlein, B. Mora stress in Shina as Contrastive Foot Structure. Proceedings of Formal Approaches to South Asian Languages 10.
- 2020, early online publication. Erteschik-Shir, N., Josefsson, G. & Köhnlein, B. Variation in Mainland Scandinavian Object Shift: A Prosodic Analysis. Linguistic Inquiry. https://doi.org/10.1162/ling_a_00393
- 2020. Köhnlein, B. & Cameron, I. A foot-based approach to interactions of tonal accent and consonantal strength. Proceedings of NELS 50.
- 2020. Yusuke Kubota and Robert D. Levine. Type-Logical Syntax. Cambridge: MIT Press.
de Marneffe, Marie-Catherine
- 2020. Judith Tonhauser, Marie-Catherine de Marneffe and Judith Degen. Evaluative ad- jective sentences: A question-based analysis of projection. Glossa: A journal of general linguistics, 5(1): 87. 1–33.
- 2020. Ahmad Aljanaideh, Eric Fosler-Lussier and Marie-Catherine de Marneffe. Contextualized Embeddings for Enriching Linguistic Analyses on Politeness. Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Computational Linguistics.
- 2020. McGory, J. and Barlew, J. Linguistics for high schoolers: A summer camp model. In Language and Linguistics Compass. Wiley Online Library.
- 2020, July. Lifeng Jin, William Schuler. Memory-bounded Neural Incremental Parsing for Psycholinguistic Prediction. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Parsing Technologies and the IWPT 2020 Shared Task on Parsing into Enhanced Universal Dependencies Online.
- 2020, July. Lifeng Jin, William Schuler. The Importance of Category Labels in Grammar Induction with Child-directed Utterances. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Parsing Technologies and the IWPT 2020 Shared Task on Parsing into Enhanced Universal Dependencies Online.
- 2020. Nathan Rasmussen, William Schuler. A Corpus of Encyclopedia Articles with Logical Forms. Proceedings of the 12th Language Resources and Evaluation Conference, Marseille, France.
- 2020, Feb. Cory Shain, Idan Asher Blank, Marten van Schijndel, William Schuler, Evelina Fedorenko. fMRI reveals language-specific predictive coding during naturalistic sentence comprehension. Neuropsychologia, 138.
- 2020. Cory Shain, Idan Blank, Marten van Schijndel, Evelina Fedorenko. Prediction in the language network is sensitive to syntactic structure. CUNY Sentence Processing Conference, Amherst, Massachusetts.
- 2020. Evan Jaffe, Cory Shain, William Schuler. Coreference information guides human expectations during naturalistic reading. CUNY Sentence Processing Conference, Amherst, Massachusetts.
- 2020. Parker, Jeff and Andrea D. Sims. Irregularity, paradigmatic layers, and the complexity of inflection class systems: A study of Russian nouns. In The complexities of morphology, edited by Peter Arkadiev and Francesco Gardani, 23-51. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- 2020. Wiener, S. Ito, K. & Speer, S. R. Effects of Multitalker input and instructional method on the dimension-based statistical learning of syllable-tone combinations: An eye-tracking study. Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 1-26. doi:10.1017/S0272263120000418
- 2020. Symon Stevens-Guille, Aleksandre Maskharashvili, Amy Isard, Xintong Li and Michael White. Neural NLG for Methodius: From RST Meaning Representations to Texts. Proc. of INLG-19, to appear.
- 2020. Ankit Arun, Soumya Batra, Vikas Bhardwaj, Ashwini Challa, Pinar Donmez, Peyman Heidari, Hakan Inan, Shashank Jain, Anuj Kumar, Shawn Mei, Karthik Mohan, Michael White. Best Practices for Data-Efficient Modeling in NLG: How to Train Production-Ready Neural Models with Less Data. Proc. of COLING-20, to appear.