- Holliday, J. J., Reidy, P. F., Beckman, M. E., & Edwards, J. (2015, in press). Quantifying the robustness of the English sibilant fricative contrast in children. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research.
- Edwards, J., Beckman, M. E., & Munson, B. (2015). Frequency effects in phonological acquisition. Journal of Child Language, 42(2): 306-311.
- “Perceived foreign accent as a predictor of face-voice match.” to appear in Language Attitudes: Variability, Processes and Outcomes. Dennis R. Preston and Alexei Prokhodkine, editors.
- “Toward a cognitively realistic model of meaningful sociolinguistic variation.” to appear in Awareness and Control in Sociolinguistic Research. Anna Babel, editor.
- “Resisting enregisterment: Perceptual dialectology of northern Ohio.” Journal of English Linguistics. (with M. Kathryn Bauer ) 2014.
- “Socially-mediated syntactic alignment.” Language Variation and Change. 26: 387-420. (with Kodi Weatherholtz∗ and T. Florian Jaeger) 2014.
- “Comparing social meanings across listener and speaker groups: The indexical field of Spanish /s/.” Language Variation and Change. 26: 169-189. (with Abby Walker∗ , Christina Garc´ıa∗ and Yomi Cortes).
- Burdin, R. S., Phillips-Bourass, S., Turnbull, R., Yasavul, M., Clopper, C. G., & Tonhauser, J. (in press). Variation in the prosody of focus in head- and head/edge-prominence languages. Lingua.
- Clopper, C. G., & Smiljanic, R. (2015). Regional variation in temporal organization in American English. Journal of Phonetics, 49, 1-15.
- Schmeh, Katharina, Peter W. Culicover, Jutta Hartmann and Susanne Winkler. Discourse Function Ambiguity of Fragments: A Linguistic Puzzle. Ambiguität: Produktion und Rezeption/ Ambiguity: Production and Reception, De Gruyter/Niemeyer. 197-214. In press. 2015.
- Culicover, Peter W. Simpler Syntax and the mind: reflections on syntactic theory and cognitive science. To appear in Ida Toivenen, Piroska Csuri and Emile Van Der Zee (eds.) Structures in the Mind: Essays on Language, Music and Cognition in Honor of Ray Jackendoff. Canbridge, MA: MIT Press. In press. 2015.
- Culicover, Peter W. Constructions, complexity and word order variation. In Frederick J. Newmeyer and Laurel B. Preston (eds.) Measuring Linguistic Complexity, Oxford University Press. 2014.
- Culicover, Peter W. History of Syntax. Handbook of Syntax, Andrew Carnie, Dan Siddiqi, Yosuke Sato, eds. Routledge, London. 2014.
Marie-Catherine de Marneffe
- Marie-Catherine de Marnffe, Marta Recasens and Christopher Potts. (to appear). Modeling the lifespan of discourse entities with application to coreference resolution. Journal of Artificial Intelligence (31 pages).
- Marie-Catherine de Marneffe and Christopher Potts. (to appear). Developing linguistic theories using annotated corpora. Nancy Ide and James Pustejovsky, eds., The Handbook of Linguistic Annotation (32 pages).
- Chaitanya Shivade, Marie-Catherine de Marne↵e, Eric Folser-Lussier, Albert Lai. 2015. Corpus-based discovery of semantic intensity scales. To appear in Proceedings of the 2015 Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics.
- Herman Kamper, Micha Elsner, Aren Jansen, and Sharon Goldwater. Unsupervised Neural Network Based Feature Extraction Using Weak Top-Down Constraints. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2015.
- Manirupa Das, Micha Elsner, Rajiv Ramnath, and Arnab Nandi. TopChurn: Maximum Entropy Churn Prediction Using Topic Models Over Heterogeneous Signals. In World Wide Web, Web Science Track (WWW), 2015.
- Glottalic Theory and Greek. In C. Golston et al., eds., Encyclopedia of Ancient Greek Language and Linguistics. Brill (2014), pp. xxxxx
- Ancient Greek Phonetics. In C. Golston et al., eds., Encyclopedia of Ancient Greek Language and Linguistics. Brill (2014), pp. xxxxx.
- What counts as (an instance of) Grammaticalization? In Refining Grammaticalization, special issue of Folia Linguistica, ed. by Ferdinand von Mengden & Horst Simon (2014).
- A New Historical Grammar of Demotic Greek: Reflections on the Κοινή Εηνική in the 19th and 20th Centuries as Seen through Thumb’s Handbook of the Modern Greek Vernacular (with Mark Janse). In CHS Research Bulletin Volume 2.2 (2014), Center for Hellenic Studies, Washington, DC.
- Report of Working Group on Literature, Lexicon, Diachrony (with Loretta Auvil, David Bamman, Christopher Brown, Gregory Crane, Kurt Gärtner, Fotis Ioannides, David Mimno, & David Smith). In Computational Humanities - Bridging the Gap Between Computer Science and Digital Humanities, by Chris Biemann, Gregory R. Crane, Christiane D. Fellbaum and Alexander Mehler, pp. 20-28. Dagstuhl Reports 14301:1-31. Schloss Dagstuhl – Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik: Dagstuhl Publishing.
- The Balkan Languages (with Victor Friedman). To appear in Cambridge Language Survey series, Cambridge University Press (2016)
- Being exacting about exapting: An exaptation omnibus. To appear in Freek van Velde and Muriel Norde (eds.), 2015
- Reassessing Sprachbunds: A View from the Balkans (with Victor Friedman). To appear in Raymond Hickey (ed.) Handbook of Areal Linguistics (Cambridge University Press, 2015)
- Language contact. To appear in International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edition, Elsevier Publishers (2015).
- Morphology and syntax ... and semantics ... and pragmatics: Deconstructing “semantic agreement” (with Cynthia Johnson). To appear in Linguisticae Investigationes (2015)
- Calvert Ward Watkins (with Jay Jasanoff). Obituary in Language 91.1.
- The Semantics and Syntax of Complementation Markers as an Areal Phenomenon in the Balkans, with Special Attention to Albanian. To appear in Semantic functions of complementizers in European languages, ed. by Kaspar Boye & Petar Kehayov. Berlin: de Gruyter (2016)
- Language and Sustainability in the Greek Context. To appear in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Greek Linguistics (ICGL 11), Department of Mediterranean Studies, University of the Aegean, Rhodes.
- Levine, R. and Y. Kubota. To appear. The syntax-semantics interface of ‘respective’ predication: a unified analysis in Hybrid Type-Logical Categorial Grammar. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- Levine, R. and Y. Kubota. To appear. Against ellipsis: arguments for the direct licensing of ‘non-canonical’ coordination. Linguistics & Philosophy.
- Morley, R. Implications of an Exemplar-Theoretic Model of Phoneme Genesis: A Velar Palatalization Case Study. Language and Speech (2014) 57:1, pages 3-41
- Morley, R. From Phonetics to Phonology: Learning Epenthesis. In Proceedings of the 47th Meeting of the Chicago Linguistics Society, 2011 (2014).
- Morley, R. Deletion or Epenthesis? On the Falsifiability of Phonological Universals. Lingua 154 (2015): 1-26.
- Morley, R. Can Phonological Universals be Emergent? Modeling the space of sound change, lexical distribution, and hypothesis selection. Phonological Analysis (to appear).
- Martin, S., and C. Pollard (2014) A dynamic categorial grammar. In Formal Grammar 2014. LNCS 8612, Springer.
- Pollard, C. and M. Yasavul (in press) Anaphoric it-clefts: the myth of exhaustivity. To appear in Proceedings of the 50th Annual Conference of the Chicago Linguistic Society.
- Lifeng Jin and William Schuler. A Comparison of Word Similarity Performance using Explanatory and Non-explanatory Texts. Proceedings of the North American Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL’15) Boulder, Colorado, 2015
- Marten van Schijndel and William Schuler. Hierarchic syntax improves reading time prediction. Proceedings of the North American Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL’15) Boulder, Colorado, 2015
- Speer, S.R., & Foltz, A. (In press). Implicit contrastive prosody: Individual differences in processing and production. Lyn Frazier and Edward Gibson (eds.), Explicit and Implicit Prosody in Sentence Processing: Papers in honor of Janet Fodor. Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics Series, Springer, Dordrecht.
- Wiener, S., Ito, K., Speer, S.R. (2015, March). Statistical learning and speaker variability in the acquisition of lexically contrastive pitch variation. 28th Annual CUNY Conference on Human Sentence Processing, Los Angeles, CA.
- The Best Question: Explaining the projection behavior of factive verbs. Mandy Simons, David Beaver, Craige Roberts and Judith Tonhauser, Discourse Processes.
- Winford, Donald. Afterword. In Isabelle Léglise & Claudine Chamoreau (eds.), The Interplay of Variation and Change in Contact Settings, 253-259. Amsterdam: Benjamins.
- 2014. Winford, Donald. Toward an integrated model of contact-induced change. In Amei Koll-Stobbe & Sebastian Knospe (eds.). Language contact around the globe: Proceedings of the LCTG3 Conference, 3-24. Frankfurt: Peter Lang.
- Theories of Language Contact. To appear in Anthony Grant (ed.), Oxford Handbook of Language Contact. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Some observations on the sources of AAVE structure: re-examining the creole connection. To appear in Cecelia Cutler, Zvjezdana Vrzic & Philipp Angermeyer (eds.) Language contact in Africa and the African Diaspora in the Americas. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Creole formation and second language acquisition: A language processing perspective. To appear in Piotr P. Chruszczewski (ed.) Proceedings of the Conference on Language Contact, Wroclaw, Poland, May 2014.
- The Ecology of Language and the New Englishes: Toward an integrative framework. To appear in Changing English: Global and Local Perspectives, ed. by Anna Mauranen, Juhani Klemola, Svetlana Vetchinnikova and Markku Filppula. Berlin: De Gruyter.