- 2017. Mary E. Beckman, Andrew R. Plummer, Benjamin Munson, & Patrick F. Reidy. "Methods for eliciting, annotating, and analyzing databases for child speech development." Computer Speech and Language, 45: 278-299.
- 2017. Patrick F. Reidy, Mary E. Beckman, Jan Edwards, & Benjamin Munson. "A data-driven approach for perceptually validated acoustic features for children’s sibilant fricative productions." Proceedings of Interspeech 2017, pp. 2017-1607.
- 2017. Patrick F. Reidy, Mary E. Beckman, Jan Edwards, Benjamin Munson, & Allison Johnson. "Learning acoustic features for English stops with graph-based dimensionality reduction." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 141(5): 3469.
- 2017. Mieko Takada, Eun Jong Kong, Kiyoko Yoneyama, & Mary E. Beckman. "Individual differences in the phonetic realization of the Japanese stop-voicing contrast." Poster presented at the 4th Workshop on Sound Change, University of Edinburgh, 20-22 April.
- Clopper, C. G. (2018). Experiments. In C. Mallinson, B. Childs, & G. van Herk (Eds.), Data Collection in Sociolinguistics: Methods and Applications, Second Edition (pp. 154-162). London: Routledge.
- Clopper, C. G. (2017). Introduction to the special issue on advancing methods for analyzing dialect variation. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 142, 317-321.
- Clopper, C. G., & Walker, A. (2017). Effects of lexical competition and dialect exposure on phonological priming. Language and Speech, 60, 85-109.
- Clopper, C. G. (2017). Dialect interference in lexical processing: Effects of familiarity and social stereotypes. Phonetica, 74, 25-59.
- Clopper, C. G., Mitsch, J. F., & Tamati, T. N. (2017). Effects of phonetic reduction and regional dialect on vowel production. Journal of Phonetics, 60, 38-59.
- Jones, Z., Yan, Q., Wagner, L., & Clopper, C. G. (2017). The development of dialect classification across the lifespan. Journal of Phonetics, 60, 20-37.
- Culicover, Peter W., and Elizabeth Hume. Basics of Language for Language Learners. Ohio State University Press. Second edition, 2017.
- Culicover, Peter W., Ray Jackendoff and Jenny Audring. Multiword expressions in the grammar. Invited paper, Topics in Cognitive Science 9: 552–568 (Morten Christiansen and Inbal Arnon, eds). 2017.
- 2017. Indo-Aryan dialects and dialectology. In John Nerbonne, Dom Watt, and Charles Boberg eds. Handbook of Dialectology, Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
- 2017. On mechanisms by which languages become [nominative-]accusative. In Claire Bowern, Laurence Horn & Raffaella Zanuttini (eds.), On looking into words (and beyond), pp.311– 331. Berlin: Language Science Press.
- 2017. Developments into and out of ergativity: Indo-Aryan diachrony. (with Miriam Butt) In Lisa Travis, Jessica Coon, and Diane Massam (eds) Handbook of Ergativity, pp.530–552. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- 2017. Complement Coercion as the Processing of Aspectual Verbs: Evidence from Self-Paced Reading and fMRI. (with Yao-ying Lai, Cheryl Lacadie, Todd Constable, and Maria Piñango). For Yoad Winter and James Hampton (eds.) Concept Composition and Ex- perimental Semantics/Pragmatics, pp.191-222. New York: Springer.
- 2016. Reanalyzing the complement coercion effect through a generalized lexical semantics for aspectual verbs. (with Maria Piñango). Journal of Semantics 33.2, pp.359–408.
- Kasia Hitczenko, Reiko Mazuka, Micha Elsner & Naomi H. Feldman. How to use context to disambiguate overlapping categories: The test case of Japanese vowel length. Cognitive Science, 2018
- Micha Elsner and Cory Shain. Speech Segmentation with a Neural Encoder Model of Working Memory. Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2017).
- Micha Elsner and Kiwako Ito. An Automatically Aligned Corpus of Child-directed Speech. Proceedings of Interspeech, 2017.
- Micha Elsner, Alasdair Clarke and Hannah Rohde. Visual complexity and its effects on referring expression generation. Cognitive Science, 2017.
- Taylor Mahler, Willy Cheung, Micha Elsner, David King, Marie-Catherine de Marneffe, Cory Shain, Symon Stevens-Guille and Michael White. Breaking NLP: Using Morphosyntax, Semantics, Pragmatics and World Knowledge to Fool Sentiment Analysis Systems. Workshop on Building Linguistically Generalizable NLP Systems (BLGNLP 2017).
- "Balto-Slavic: What Meillet was Thinking, or, What WAS Meillet Thinking?”. Acta Linguistica Lithuanica 76.40-50.
- Handbook of Comparative and Historical Indo-European Linguistics (3 volumes), co-edited with Jared Klein and Matthias Fritz. Berlin: de Gruyter Mouton (2018)
- Jewish Language Variation and Contact: Fifty Years after Uriel Weinreich (1926-1967). Special issue, Journal of Jewish Linguistics5.2 (2017) [co-edited with Isaac Bleaman]
- Expanding the Methodology of Lexical Examination in the Investigation of the Intersection of Early Agriculture and Language Dispersal. Language Dispersal Beyond Farming, ed. by Martine Robbeets(John Benjamins, 2018)
- Understanding Greek through Albanian: The Case of pro(s)pappous. Studime. A Review for Philological Studies 23 (2016), 137-142.
- Kehrein, W., Köhnlein, B., Boersma, P. & Van Oostendorp, M. (eds.) (2017): Segmental structure and tone. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter.
- Köhnlein, B. (2017): Synchronic alternations between monophthongs and diphthongs in Franconian: A metrical approach. In Kehrein, W., Köhnlein, B., Boersma, P. & Oostendorp, M. van (eds.): Segmental structure and tone. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter.
- Köhnlein, B. & Oostendorp, M. van (2017): Introduction. In Kehrein, W., Köhnlein, B., Boersma, P. & Van Oostendorp, M. (eds.): Segmental structure and tone. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter.
- (with Yusuke Kubota). Scope parallelism in coordination in Dependent Type Semantics. In New Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence. Berlin: Springer. 79–92.
Marie-Catherine de Marneffe
- Marie-Catherine de Marneffe, Matias Grioni, Jenna Kanerva and Filip Ginter. 2017. Assessing the annotation consistency of the Universal Dependencies corpora. Pro- ceedings of the fourth International Conference on Dependency Linguistics (DEPLING 2017).
- Sandesh Swamy, Alan Ritter and Marie-Catherine de Marneffe. 2017. “i have a feeling trump will win..................”: Forecasting winners and losers from user predictions on Twitter. Proceedings of the 2017 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Lan- guage Processing (EMNLP 2017).
- Jon Scott Stevens, Marie-Catherine de Marneffe, Shari R. Speer and Judith Tonhauser. 2017. Predicting projection from rational use of prosody in manner adverb utterances. Proceedings of the Cognitive Science Society Annual Meeting 2017.
- Morley, R.L. “Consonant Epenthesis” Oxford Bibliographies in Linguistics. Ed. Mark Aranoff. New York: Oxford University Press. 2017
Nathan Rasmussen, William Schuler. Left-Corner Parsing with Distributed Associative Memory Produces Surprisal and Locality Effects. Cognitive Science, Wiley, 2018
- Marten van Schijndel, William Schuler. Approximations of Predictive Entropy Correlate with Reading Times. Proceedings of the 39th Annual meeting of the Cognitive Science Society (CogSci’17), pages 1260–1265, London, UK, 2017
- Sims, Andrea D. 2017. Slavic morphology: New approaches to classic problems, illustrated with Russian. Journal of Slavic Linguistics 25(2): 491-526.
- 2017. The distribution of implicit arguments in Paraguayan Guaraní. Judith Tonhauser, for Estigarribia, B. (ed.) Guaran ́ı Linguistics in the 21st Century, Leiden: Brill Publishing, pp.194-230.
- 2017. Predicting projection from rational use of prosody. Jon Stevens, Marie-Catherine de Marneffe, Shari R. Speer and Judith Tonhauser, Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, pp.1144-1149.
David L. King and Michael White. 2018. The OSU Realizer for SRST ’18: Neural Sequence-to-Sequence Inflection and Incremental Locality-Based Linearization. To appear in Proc. of the Workshop on Multilingual Surface Realization at ACL-18.
Lifeng Jin, David King, Amad Hussein, Michael White and Douglas Danforth. 2018. Using Paraphrasing and Memory-Augmented Models to Combat Data Sparsity in Question Interpretation with a Virtual Patient Dialogue System. To appear in Proc. of the 13th Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications at NAACL HLT 2018.
Ajda Gokcen, Ethan Hill and Michael White. 2018. Madly Ambiguous: A Game for Learning about Structural Ambiguity and Why It’s Hard for Computers. To appear in Proc. of the 16th Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies.
- Michael White, Simon Charlow, Jordan Needle and Dylan Bumford. 2017. “Parsing with Dynamic Continuized CCG.” In Proc. of the 13th International Workshop on Tree-Adjoining Grammar and Related Formalisms (TAG+13).
- Michael White, Manjuan Duan and David L. King. 2017. “A Simple Method for Clarifying Sentences with Coordination Ambiguities.” In Proc. of the Explainable Computational Intelligence Workshop at INLG-17.
- Lifeng Jin, Michael White, Evan Jaffe, Laura Zimmerman and Douglas Danforth. 2017. “Combining CNNs and Pattern Matching for Question Interpretation in a Virtual Patient Dialogue System.” In Proc. of the 12th Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications at EMNLP 2017.
- Taylor Mahler, Willy Cheung, Micha Elsner, David King, Marie-Catherine de Marneffe, Cory Shain, Symon Stevens-Guille and Michael White. 2017. “Breaking NLP: Using Morphosyntax, Semantics, Pragmatics and World Knowledge to Fool Sentiment Analysis Systems.” In Proc. of the Workshop on Building Linguistically Generalizable NLP Systems at EMNLP-17.
- 2018. Winford, Donald. Creole Tense-Mood-Aspect Systems. Annual Review of Linguistics Volume 4, 193-212.
- 2017. Winford, Donald. Some observations on the sources of AAVE structure: re-examining the creole connection. In Philipp Angermeyer, Cecelia Cutler and Zvjezdana Vrzic, eds., Language Contact in Africa and the African Diaspora in the Americas, 203-224. (Creole Language Library 53) Amsterdam: John Benjamins.