Ohio State Linguistics graduate students have been presenting and publishing their work in venues around the world. Read below for some of their recent work.
- Dickerson, C. The social meaning of rhotics in Albanian. Presented at the 2020 Linguistic Society of America 2020 Annual Meeting, January 5, 2020. New Orleans, LA.
- Shain, C.; Blank, I.; van Schijndel, M.; Schuler, W.; and Fedorenko, E. Prediction in the language network is sensitive to syntactic structure. In CUNY 2020, 2020.
- Shain, C.; and Schuler, W. Controlling for human response latency with continuous-time deconvolutional regression. In CUNY 2020, 2020.
- Jaffe, E.; Shain, C.; and Schuler, W. Coreference information guides human expectations during naturalistic reading. In CUNY 2020, 2020.
- Shain, C.; Blank, I.; van Schijndel, M.; Fedorenko, E.; and Schuler, W. fMRI reveals language-specific predictive coding during naturalistic sentence comprehension. Neuropsychologia. 2019.
- Puthawala, D. Controlling for Incremental Parsing Effects with Rapid Serial Visual Presentation. Presented at the 12th annual Illinois Language and Linguistics Society conference, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL. February 2020.
- Ndoci, R. Good digestion and good continuation! Well-wishing expressions at the closing of Greek conversations. Poster presented at the 94th Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America. New Orleans, LA. January 2020.
- Ndoci, R. Towards an Albanian ethnolect of Modern Greek: A descriptive exploration. Accepted for presentation at 22ndBiennial Conference on Balkan and South Slavic Linguistics, Literature, and Folklore. Arizona State University, Tempe campus, AZ. (due to COVID-19 concerns travel was cancelled and the conference was postponed)
Marie K. Bissell
- Bissell, M. Get out of town!: Evidence of male speakers leading changes in /aʊ/ nucleus height in Raleigh, North Carolina. Paper presented at the 2020 annual meeting of the American Dialect Society, New Orleans, LA. January 2020.
- Elsner, M., Johnson, M.B., Antetomaso, S., & Sims, A.D. (2020). Conference Publication: Stop the Morphological Cycle, I Want to Get Off: Modeling the Development of Fusion. Proceedings of the Society for Computation in Linguistics 3, p. 412-422.
- Johnson, M. B. 2020. Reduction of Multiple Exponence in Kihehe. Presented at 19th International Morphology Meeting (2020).